Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Our Christmas 2009

Most Christmas' we leave early Christmas morning to head to my parents house to celebrate Christmas with them. However, because Mother Nature wasn't very kind this year, traveling that far was not an option for us. I was quite sad, but our Christmas turned out very nice, despite the weather.



A couple years ago, Santa let me know that he was a very busy man and asked if he could come to our house Christmas Eve morning instead of Christmas morning. Of course I said yes:)


So, Christmas Eve eve the kids got to open one present. Usually it's PJ's, however, since we all have matching PJ's (and were wearing them) they got to open a puzzle.

They both loved their puzzles and spent most of the evening putting them together and taking them apart. I am so proud at well they share with each other.


Christmas Eve morning the kids were up around 7:00AM to see what Santa brought them. They each received a robe and a pair of slippers. Kyler received a V Tech motion and Ella received a Cabbage Patch Newborn named Alice.


She loves Alice, but I think she loves Alice's belly button even more! Alice is now a nudist!


Since our Christmas traditions were thrown out the window, we decided to start some new ones! I never let the kids paint. I can't stand the mess. I know I need to chill, but that is easier said than done!



After they painted some beautiful pictures, we got them all dressed to go outside. It took l0nger to get them dressed, but they sure looked cute!


Later in the afternoon we went to Cody's Aunt Tracy's house. It was nice to be around family.



We were able to meet a new additon to the family. Baby Emmett is a couple months and is quite possibly one of the prettiest little ladies I have ever seen!

And Ella loved baby Emmett. Although Ella loves all babies! She will be a fabulous mommy some day!

We had a fabulous Christmas, even if it was a little different. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas also!

5 comments:

Amy said...

What a fun time you all had. I love the babies name..

A Crafty Mom said...

What a great Christmas!! Amazing pictures, looks like the kids had a wonderful time!! Leah loves all babies too, funny to watch them at this age around other little ones :)

So happy you and your family had a nice Christmas together - nothing is more important!

Chris said...

Glad you had a nice Christmas despite the weather!

Lindsay said...

aww sounds like it turned into a wonderful Christmas! I love the jammies and all of the cute presents!

Christy said...

Yay for Christmas! And painting is always fun. I usually make the kids sit in their booster seats to paint (so I can strap them in).

 
Blog Makeovers by Tara