Thursday, December 31, 2009

Resolution

Do you make New Year's Resolutions?

I'll be honest, usually I don't. I know I won't keep them so what's the point?

However, this year I am determined to keep my resolution. My resolution is to make a budget and stick with it. I love to shop. I love to buy clothes and toys for my kids. I am constantly finding things that they "need." When, in reality, they don't need any more clothes or toys.

They have more clothes and toys than any two children need.

So, after writing up a analysis for the last two months and seeing where our money is going, I have concluded that I buy a lot of crap! So, for the year 2010, that is going to stop. Frivolous spending will be kept to a minimum.

Can I do it? I don't really know. I guess we will see!

Now, tell me, do you have a resolution?
Can you keep it?
What are going to do differently to ensure that you keep it?

To help me keep mine I am going to do some research on the infamous Dave Ramsey and get some tips from him. Wish me luck!

7 comments:

Lindsay said...

I haven't in the past set resolutions. However, this year I feel like some things needs to change. We are currently reading Dave Ramsey's total money makeover. I am also going to work on the house work some more. Making it more of a priority!

Jenny said...

Good luck with resolution...i think we can all budget a little better!
i always by stuff i think Will needs and in the end he would rather play with the same old ball.

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

Good Luck! I need to work on the exact same thing. It is like I go in spurts where I am really good about not buying unnecessary extras and then after a bit I just go crazy. It is so hard for me to pass up a good sale-even if we don't need it. My husband always says "It is not a good deal unless you need it." I need to remember that in 2010 --- as much as I hate to admit it he is right. :)

I am also going to work on eating better in hopes of losing some weight.

Evansmom said...

I resolve to:
Walk at least 3 times per week
Take my lunch to work 3 times per week (which will help me save $$ and calories)
Use my crockpot at least one time per week (which will help me save $$)
Accept myself and others as we are

I think that is it.

I will check out Dave Ramsey. Thanks for the tip - I think we can all stand to spend less $$.

♥Georgie♥ said...

I typically do not make resolutions but this year I am...I am determined to get healthy...and now after reading your resolution i may have to add the sticking with a budget as well

Happy New Year!

Christy said...

I have the same resolution this year. We have too much credit card debt. My husband LOVES those no interest/no payments cards, and will buy anything if they offer him this deal. And I spend way too much at Target. I spend AT LEAST $50 per week there - usually more.

I have been using coupon/money saving blogs to help me stick to our budget. I can email you some links if you are interested.

P.S. I also bought a really cute coupon organizer to motivate me. I know, I know, I am crazy. I am wasting money to motivate me to save money. This resolution will never work.

Clare said...

good luck!! this is always a big one;) i haven't thought about my resolutions yet!! i will be working on a list though!!

 
Blog Makeovers by Tara