Wednesday, January 6, 2010

My Resolution

You all know my resolution was to work on saving money. I also made a goal for the month of January to not spend any money outside of neccessities. In other words, I have only been allowed to spend money on food, gas, and bills. And, quite honestly, I have rocked it! I have only messed up once and I spent $2. I bought each of the kids these really cool cups at Walmart. I know I shouldn't have, but I did. Oh, well. They loved them so it was worth the $2 slip up.

I have discovered that I definitely have a money spending problem (I thank my mother for this little trait!). Not spending money has been HARD! I think about it all.the.time. But, I do think this has been good for me. It has really opened my eyes to my spending habits. It's really hard to set up a budget because we have so many medical bills and those vary month to month. But, after this month I should have an idea of what we absolutely must spend each month and from there I can set up a budget for our family. Hopefully, we can get Cody's car and my student loan paid off my the end of 2010. So, in the words of my dear bloggy friend, Christy, 2010 is going to suck, but 2011 will rock:)

6 comments:

Evansmom said...

I am trying to be more careful too as my son will going to college in 2 1/2 years. Yee gads. Good luck to you!

Jenny said...

way to go on saving the money. $2 is hardly a splurge. plus if it is useful for the kids...i would buy it too!

Amy said...

Good luck. I like to spend money. I love going to the Library because I get to use my card and check out books. I feel like I am shopping. I know silly..

Lindsay said...

oo yay! I am not spending anything this month either! It's hard :-P Good luck

Christy said...

Not spending money is sooooooo hard. I keep seeing all these awesome deals - like 75% off all Christmas stuff at Target. Gah. I have to keep repeating, "It isn't a good deal if you don't need it."

Chelle said...

Yay Heather! That's awesome!! So proud of you :)

 
Blog Makeovers by Tara