Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Random Randomness

*So far in the month of Jan, I didn't do the best job of "not spending any money!" What did I spend my money on, you ask? Pictures! Lots of pictures. Quite honestly, purchasing pictures of my kids is my biggest splurge. I don't see it as a waste of money, but I definitely need to cut down.

*Kyler is obsessed with playing the Wii these days. And, get this, he rocks at it!

*Now that my energy is getting better, I am going to start doing a bit of homeschooling with the kids. Any good websites?

*I don't have to return to Houston until the middle of February. It's been kind of neat not having to be separated from the kids for the past two months!

*Next week Kyler is being evaluated for the Role Model program at our local school. I am crossing my fingers that he gets in. Going there will be a LOT cheaper than the preschool that he currently attends.

*I do, however, love his preschool. It is a part of our church and our church is like family.

*I love that our church is like family. However, this also means that when we miss church, we get some major flack for it!

*Pureed asparagus is supposed to have cancer shrinking abilities. I have been drinking a nice big glass of it every night. Yummm:)

*Ella has done really well on potty training, but damn is she stubborn! Some days she has 0 accidents. Other days she has, what seems like, a million! Any one else with little girls go through this? Kyler never did this, but he was quite a bit older also.

*My Master's class started last week and so far, so good. I would actually really enjoy it if I didn't have to write 8 6 page papers! The class is about America's First Ladies and quite honestly, they are really interesting.

*Now that I am not on chemo I am gaining weight like crazy!! I don't, however, have any desire to change my eating habits. Pretty sure I won't be losing weight any time soon!

*Since my incision is finally healing, I am going to start Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. We'll see how this goes! Hopefully, that will help me at least firm up a bit...

*Because we leave for our cruise in less than 60 days! I am quite excited, but a little sad. I have to leave the monkeys behind. Booo!

*My husband wants another dog. He says he needs a "man" dog. Honey, if you are reading: IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN!

The End:)

10 comments:

Alyssa said...

Hi, Heather. Wow! Have you gone through alot. I'm so happy to hear of your success...you go, girl! I will definitely keep you in my prayers for continued good health...for you and your family.
This is the first time I'm reading your blog...I thought it was called "A Big Boy, A Baby Girl, and A Precious PIG"...it's late and I'm not lovin my hubby this minute. Anyway, I'm following you.

Wendy said...

Yay for life getting back to normal for you! You deserve it so much.

Please share what you learn about homeschooling with the kids. I was homeschooled but did not start until I was in 6th grade. I think I have a future class clown so homeschooling is in my future for sure.

Anonymous said...

My youngest girl is 2 and 4 months and we started toilet training the week she turned 2. Most days she is fine, and is not having accidents but some days she also has a million. And although she can and has no fear, she does prefer to sh!t in her knickers rather than in the toilet and then exclaim afterwards that she should 'not poopoo in knickers, poo in toilet'. Not sure if that is better than my middle daughter who used to drop her knickers in the garden, at the pool, in the carpark etc when she needed to 'poo'! Had no problems whatsoever with the first girl though - what an angel :)
Suzanne

Evansmom said...

Tell us about your up-coming cruise! I love cruising and my teenager has declared "no cruise this year!". I will have to get my fix by hearing about other people's! :)

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

This whole post sounded so upbeat. Love it!!

You DRINK asparagus?? REALLY??

Hallie :)

Lindsay said...

-oo pictures.. such a weakness... I haven't ordered any in a while.. hopefully I can wait until after January :-)
-oo so fun! I was going to let Sammy play for the first time yesterday but I couldn't find the Wii Play game. Which games does Kyler like?
-1plus1plus1equals1.blogspot.com
-yay for the time with the family
-oo that is cook about the Role Model program!
-yay for fun preschools
-sometimes getting flack for needing a day off is annoying.. that happens to us as well!
-pureed asparagus doesn't sound very good..
-We haven't even started potting training yet.. I keep putting it off
-wow thats a lot of writing
-boo on the weight gain
-yay for the healed incision.. good luck w/ the shred
-boo on leaving the kids but yay for a cruise
-hehe on the dog!

The Hooper Family said...

Cody----just bring a cute dog home that already has a name, and I am willing to bet that Heather will cave! Just get one that doesn't shed...like a goldendoodle. :)

Christy said...

I don't have any good homeschooling sites to recommend, but I do have a book. We are at the very beginning, so I can't personally vouch for its effectiveness. However, it uses direct instruction which I did used while teaching...
http://www.amazon.com/Teach-Your-Child-Read-Lessons/dp/0671631985

23 Weekers said...

You are more then welcome to visit us anytime for a play date!

So glad you're feeling better and getting some more energy.

Clare said...

love all of your randomness sweet mama!! good luck with the potty training, no help on the girl front! i love that you are drinking an asparagus drink, sounds yummy:) love that you are going on a cruise!! have fun!

 
Blog Makeovers by Tara