Sunday, February 21, 2010

Reward Points

A dear friend called me today and told me that she would like to donate her airline miles reward points to me. How sweet is that?

I also had another friend leave me a Facebook message letting me know that her and her husband have two free flights that they would like to give us if we would like them. Would we? Heck yeah!  (By using one of the free flights, they saved us over $400! Thank you so much Theresa and Evens, we love you guys!)

With all these Dr appts and trying to get into trials, it means a lot of flying, a lot of staying in hotels, and a lot of eating out. I wonder what Dave Ramsey would tell us to do?! So much for the whole saving money goal, huh!

My friend suggested doing a post to let you all know if you would like to do something to help, but really can't afford it, a simple way to help is by donating your airline miles that you may have on a credit card. Of course, not if you are planning on using them, I'm not asking you to do that. But, if you have them, and you don't have a use for them, we would love to put them to good use.

Also, if you ever have the desire to shop on Amazon (I shop there constantly!) please, please use the link on the side of my blog. The proceeds will go directly to my fight against cancer. Unforunately, there is no banner or way for you to know that, but Amazon has assured us that we will profit from it.
Asking for help has never been a strong point for me. I prefer to do it myself. Always have. This last year and a half I have had to ask for more help than I ever have before. I don't like that. However, cancer hasn't really given me a choice. So, I thank you in advance for all of your prayers, your kind emails, your cards, your donations, your food, your phone calls, and your love. It all means so much to us.

If you would like to help, please email me at cancersucksmonkeyballs@yahoo.com

I just set that email account up today. Can you believe it wasn't taken?! Crazy right:) Ha! Now it's all mine. Jokes on you guys. Jealous?

6 comments:

Shana said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the new email account address =) And yea for the airline miles!!!!

Lindsay said...

yay for airline miles! The new email address cracks me up!!

The Gatherum Family said...

i am a TOTAL stranger but wanted you to know i have followed your blog for the last 6 months or so and you are AMAZING. CANCER SUCKS so bad--you ARE GOING TO BEAT THIS!!!! just want you to know that there are people in UTAH praying and pulling for you adn your sweet family...
adrian gatherum

Chelle said...

Yay!! If I had miles they'd be yours in a heartbeat. I'm going to ask around to see if anyone has any they aren't going to use.

xoxo

Laura said...

I just laughed out loud, b/c last night when I was emailing you, I almost wrote..."as my husband would say, It sucks monkey balls" but I thought for sure you would think I was a nutcase.....LOVE IT!

Randi said...

Hey cousin, the not wanting to ask for help runs on the smith side of us. we are very stubborn and dont want help from anyone.

 
Blog Makeovers by Tara