Saturday, March 20, 2010

Cruisin’ to Nassau, Bahamas Day 3

On day three we visited Nassau, Bahamas. This town was definitely nicer and cleaner than Freeport. 


P1030349
Our cruise ship, The Carnival Sensation

DSCN0391DSCN0394
We decided to do an excursion in Freeport. We chose to do some snorkeling and sightseeing. Something we didn’t think about was the temperature of the water. It was FREEZING!

I’ll be honest, I had no desire to get in the water. I do not like cold. At all. However, since EVERYONE else on the catamaran got in the water, I sort of felt like I needed to!

So, I did, for like 5 minutes. I swam out to where my group was, said, Hey I am here, and then turned around and got back on the catamaran. It was much warmer, and there was Rum Punch. Yummy:)
   DSCN0457   DSCN0393

P1030357
After the ride on the Catamaran, we ate at the Hard Rock, then hopped in a taxi and headed to Atlantis.
P1030354
We checked out the fish in the hotel aquarium.
P1030360
We wrote on the beach.
P1030382
We swam. Ok, they swam. I took pictures.
P1030363 P1030365
DSCN0482
That evening we decided to take a little trip to Senor Frog’s. It was quite the happening place. It’s been a long time since I have been in a bar. And, I must admit, it wasn’t something that I missed. But, it’s always nice to hang out with good friends and people watch:) And believe me, this cruise was a people watching oasis!

6 comments:

Christy said...

I am way jealous. Looks like so much fun!

Lindsay said...

What a great trip! I get to go on the next one w/ you right ;-)

Shana said...

I heart people watching!

Jenny said...

such great pictures...the beach looked absolutely wonderful!

love the atlantis too!

Holli Taylor said...

Ha! We loved senor frogs when we went on our cruise and docked in Cozumel...so glad you guys had fun.

Clare said...

sorry friend i have been a total slacker with blog reading!! life is a bit crazy right now. i hope that you are doing/feeling well. i always read your updates on facebook, and am thinking of you;) this cruise sounds amazing. you are making me jealous, i feel so far from vacations or bathing suit wearing right now, haha! we had our honeymoon at atlantis and it was awesome!!!

 
Blog Makeovers by Tara