Friday, April 18, 2008
The "Group" (minus Jaycer-he was sitting behind me!)
Since September Kyler has been attending a 20 minute class at the Derby Library. It is a great way for Kyler and myself to meet new people and make new friends. The class consists of 6 kids, oddly enough, this last semester they were all boys. The teacher starts the class by singing a hello song, then she reads a story, they do a poem and put pictures on a felt board, read another story, ring bells, read another story, and she ends the class with a good-bye song. This has been a great experience for Kyler and I am so glad that I got him involved in it. Hopefully he will be able to participate in it again next year. Thank you to Miss Kerri and Miss Lynn for being such wonderful and patient teachers.
Thursday, April 17, 2008
13 Things You May Not Know About Me:
1. I am extremely anal. I know that my way is right and I have a very hard time listening to other people's view.
2. I hate to fold laundry. And put it away. I really, really hate it!
3. I am addicted to reality TV shows. You name it, I probably watch it!
4. Some days I miss teaching, however, I wouldn't trade these days with my kids for anything.
5. I love to get mail. Even if it's junk mail. I love opening the mailbox and seeing all that mail!
6. My children are the most important things in my life. I would do absolutely anything for them.
7. I need lots of sleep. Always have, always will.
8. I am extremely close to my parents. I talk to my mom on the phone daily. I can't say this has always been the case (my mother says that I was the worst teenager in the world-I don't believe this for a minute however!).
9. I taught Special Education for 6 years.
10. I hate change. It totally freaks me out.
11. I can't stand being late and I hate it when other people are late.
12. I have 2 tattoos. (sorry mom and dad)
13. I had my belly button pierced for 5 years. Then I got pregnant with Kyler and had to take it out. If I am ever skinny again I would love to get it pierced again (sorry again mom and dad).
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Since last year Kyler has been attending zoo class once a month at the Cargill Learning Center. At first he hated the class. It was really hard for him to transition between the different activities and I think he was a little overwhelmed by all the different kids there. He really enjoys the classes now and he seems to be learning a little bit about each of the different animals.
Today they discussed snakes. Luckily, Cody's schedule is flexible enough that he could take Kyler to zoo class and I could stay home with Ella. At zoo class today they learned how snakes moved and even got to move like a snake, discussed what snakes eat, read a story about a very hungry snake called, "A Greedy Snake", and they even got to pet a real live Honduran Milk Snake.
Monday, April 14, 2008
Sunday, April 13, 2008
This weekend we headed to Emporia for a little Guitar Hero. Ok, so that wasn't really the plan but I think we did that more than anything else! We met my folks at Bruff's (of course!) for lunch and then we headed to my friend, Adriane's house. Cody was helping her fix the tile in her bathroom, so while he did that I played Guitar Hero on the Wii. Oh, and I watched the kids, kind of! Kyler was a huge help with Guitar Hero as you can see in the pictures and Ella enjoyed dancing to the songs. I think we are definitely going to have to get a Wii for mommy play!